It’s just been revealed that Sandra Bullock is set to star in a new all-female reboot of the Ocean’s 11 franchise from Gary Ross, the director of The Hunger Games.
George Clooney has apparently been developing the project since last autumn.
It’s 14 years since Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle and Julia Roberts first hit Las Vegas, the home of the slots, in Ocean’s 11 – a remake of Frank Sinatra’s movie of the same name from the ‘60s.
Here are 8 fun facts about Ocean’s 11…
1. Mark Wahlberg was originally meant to play Matt Damon’s character, Linus Caldwell. The pair have joked many times in interviews that fans get the two actors confused.
2. Brad Pitt uses Mike Myers’s rehearsal wig for the first Austin Powers movie when Rusty is disguised as a doctor.
3. The cast liked to gamble together when they weren’t filming. George Clooney says that Matt Damon won the most, while Matt Damon says that Brad Pitt was the overall winner.
4. Brad Pitt ate 40 shrimp while filming the scene where Rusty has a shrimp cocktail as Tess makes her entrances coming down the stairs.
5. Filming of the boxing match scenes involved 2,000 extras.
6. Bruce Willis nearly played Danny Ocean, but was replaced by George Clooney due to scheduling conflicts.
7. Henry Silva and Angie Dickinson from 1960’s original Ocean’s 11 movie both make cameo appearances during the fight scene.
8. Director Steven Soderbergh originally planned to shoot the entire movie in black and white.
What’s your favourite moment in Ocean’s 11? Let us know below…
[This is a sponsored post.]