It was a very big year for the BBC’s iPlayer service, with the BBC announcing that on average 272 million programmes were streamed a month in 2017. Figures were up 11% on 2016, with 3.3 billion requests for programmes in total across the 12 months. Which is rather a lot.
Furthermore, the BBC has also revealed what the top ten more requested programmes of the year were, and the countdown runs as follows:
1. Blue Planet II: One Ocean
2. Taboo episode 1
3. Doctor Foster series 2 episode 1
4. Three Girls episode 1
5. Blue Planet II: The Deep
6. Sherlock: The Six Thatchers
7. Peaky Blinders: The Noose
8. Line Of Duty series 4 episode 1
9. Apple Tree Yard episode 1
10. Three Girls episode 2
The BBC also announced that December 2017 was the most successful month for the service on record.