Doctor Who returns to BBC One on Saturday with season 10 episode 9: ‘Empress of Mars’, written by Mark Gatiss. Here are 10 spoiler-free dialogue snippets.
‘God save the Queen’ has been scrawled on the surface of Mars. What are Victorians doing on the home of the Ice Warriors? And what will they find beneath the Martian soil?
The Doctor, Bill and Nardole arrive on Mars and find themselves in an impossible conflict between Ice Warriors… and Victorian soldiers. As the Martian hive awakes around them, the Doctor faces a unique dilemma – this time the humans, not the Ice Warriors are the invaders. When Earth is invading Mars, whose side is he on?
- I have a bad feeling about this.
- Who are you people?
- I am old and tired and spent.
- Well, I dare say the British Army is more than a match for a bunch of upright crocodiles!
- Fire. Oxygen. Basic physics innit.
- What manner of fleshy worm are you?
- Indian or China m’dear?
- You’d like that one too. Everybody dies.
- Sorry, I could never resist a countdown.
Are you excited about this Mark Gatiss Doctor Who episode? Let us know in the comments.