BBC Worldwide have announced the special features for the upcoming classic Doctor Who DVD release of Death to the Daleks, starring Jon Pertwee as the Doctor.
Originally broadcast in 1974, Death to the Daleks will be available to buy on DVD from Monday 18th June.
The story sees a power failure in the TARDIS draw it off course, leaving the Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith stranded on the bleak planet of Exxilon. There they soon meet members of an Earth expedition in a similar situation. The humans are searching for a rare mineral, but first they must find out what is draining their power and avoid what’s inside another grounded spaceship – the Doctor’s oldest enemies, the Daleks…
The DVD extras will include:
– Commentary with actors Julian Fox (Peter Hamilton), Dalek operator Cy Town, director Michael E Briant, assistant floor manager Richard Leyland, costume designer L Rowland Warne and special sounds maestro Dick Mills. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
– Beneath the City of the Exxilons – Cast and crew look back on the making of this story. With actor Arnold Yarrow, Julian Fox, Michael E Briant, Richard Leyland, L Rowland Warne and fan and Dalek voice artist Nick Briggs.
– Studio Recording – A rare glimpse into the production of a Third Doctor story.
– On the Set of Dr. Who and the Daleks – Behind the scenes on the first Dalek film in 1965.
– Radio Times listings (DVD-ROM).
– Programme subtitles.
– Production information subtitles.
– Photo gallery.
– Coming soon trailer.
– Doctor Who Stories: Dalek Men.
What are your memories of Death to the Daleks? Let us know below…
Watch the Series 7 trailer…