In Doctor Who Magazine 592, time-travelling assassin Doom, played by Sooz Kempner is featured.
Doom is on a 24 hour mission to find the Doctor and escape Death. Four hours of Doom’s adventures can be found in a DWM supplement, including Autons, Cybermen and lots of surprises!
Sooz Kempner, the face and voice of Doom, is interviewed in the magazine. She shared which parts of herself she brings to Doom in an extract from DWM provided by the official Doctor Who website.
“People I know tell me I seem very unassuming in person, and then they suddenly realise there’s loads of fire,” says Sooz. “Doom’s own morality is quite ambiguous, and I love that she can be quite cantankerous. Her mind works a million miles a minute, and she’s very skilled. So when someone doesn’t quite keep up, either physically or mentally, she’ll voice her frustration.”
Highlights of the new DWM issue include:
• A 20-page supplement featuring Four Hours of Doom’s Day – a new comic-strip adventure including Autons, Cybermen and lots of surprises.
• A giant double-sided poster.
• Voice of Doom – Sooz Kempner, aka Doom the assassin, discusses playing the lead character in the new cross-media adventure Doom’s Day.
• Day of Reckoning – the complete guide to Doom’s Day, with insights from the people who have created the stories.
• Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies looks forwards to the new episodes of Doctor Who, and recalls the revived series’ launch back in 2005.
• The Doctor’s Wife – actor and author Elizabeth Morton on being the wife of the Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, and the mother-in-law of the Fourteenth, David Tennant!
• Working Wonders – colleagues and family recall the pioneering visual effects created by the late Peter Day.
• The DWM 60th Anniversary Poll – the analysis of the results continues, with this issue looking at the rankings of the Seventh and Ninth Doctor’s adventures.
• Memory Worm – Dalek writer Robert Shearman puts his knowledge of his Doctor Who career to the test.
• Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report, direct from Doctor Who HQ.
• Quick Draw – John Erasmus reveals what it’s like to work as a storyboard artist on the new series of Doctor Who.
• Liberation of the Daleks, Part Nine – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
• 60 Objects, 60 Years – the latest instalment of the series that tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who history.
• The Fact of Fiction concludes its exploration of the Second Doctor’s encounter with the Cybermen aboard The Wheel in Space.
• Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including cast announcements.
• Other Worlds – the essential guide to new stories in the Doctor Who expanded universe.
• Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.