The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine is in shops tomorrow, including a preview of the Doctor Who Experience, a feature on the Eighth Doctor’s audio adventures and interviews with writer Mark Gatiss and former-companion Janet Fielding, who played Tegan.
The 84-page Doctor Who Magazine issue 431 is available from Thursday 10th February, priced £4.50.
Here’s what to expect…
– “The latest issue features an exclusive interview with writer Mark Gatiss, who lets slip a few details about his new script for Matt Smith’s Series Two.”
– “The gloves are off! Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat comes out fighting against the critics in this month’s Production Notes, and explains why the show is for everyone, and not ‘just’ for kids…”
– “Tegan is back! No-nonsense Australian Janet Fielding, recently reunited with her former crewmates for brand new audio adventures, reveals how she was persuaded to return – and what she thinks about Doctor Who today! (Just don’t mention the cricket.)”
– “The Eighth Doctor’s audio adventures are about to reach an incredible climax! DWM speaks to stars Carole Ann Ford, Graeme Garden, Sheridan Smith, Niky Wardley and Nicholas Briggs about battling the Daleks – and who might die in the process…”
– “Cannibalistic old ladies, teenage girl gangs, and something very unpleasant in the basement. It can only be the Seventh Doctor’s adventure in ‘Paradise Towers’, analysed in The Fact of Fiction. Ice hot!”
– “Want to take a trip in the TARDIS? Of course you do! Well, now you can, at the brand new Doctor Who Experience, opening at Kensington Olympia this month. DWM presents an exclusive preview of what to expect…”
– “Giant heads, blue faces and a whole lot of wood. No longer just a Saturday night in Hoxton – it’s a new adventure for the Time Team, as they travel to witness ‘The End Of The World’!”
– “Continuing our countdown to the 50 years of Doctor Who, writer Simon Guerrier looks at First Doctor William Hartnell’s second series – a season that saw the series reach incredible heights of popularity…”
– “Doctor Who was one of the most-watched shows last year – but just how well did it go against the rest of television? DWM provides the ultimate guide to how the series fared against the competition in 2010 in Public Image.”
– “Golden and tank-like or big-bootied and colourful? Toby Hadoke and Jonny Candon go head-to-head as they debate the pros and cons of Dalek design in A Battle of Wits! Will either of them manage to convince you…?”
– “A page full of random journeys, supporting artists, fascinating facts and the Bidmead-ometer… it’s another dollop of Who madness in Wotcha!”
– “All the official news, straight from the Doctor Who studios at Upper Boat; forthcoming CDs and DVDs previewed; the latest CDs and DVDs reviewed; your letters; competitions to win an array of exciting Doctor Who merchandise; our fiendish crossword; and much more!”