Spaced duo Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up once again in Paul, a comedy about two comic book geeks trying to help a smart-ass alien escape to his mothership.
To celebrate the movie’s Blu-ray and DVD release on Monday 13th June, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost reveal their favourite sci-fi scenes of all time….
1. Simon: “I like the scene in Star Wars when Luke is saved by Wedge and the X-Wing comes at the screen and then we go out through the back of it.”
2. Nick: “For me, I know the scene in Close Encounters [Of The Third Kind] when he’s at the railroad junction and everything’s going off and the car’s on a gimble, I know that’s a very famous one, but my favourite part comes straight afterwards when it’s a big wide of shot of a single track and his van’s on it and he’s just covered by a giant shadow which just goes across the field and he never knows about it, I love it.”
3. Simon: “I like the opening scene of Blade Runner when you first see the Tyrell Corporation and the flying cars.”
4. Nick: “I’m going to say, on a kinda similar vibe, when Corbin Dallas [in The Fifth Element] is eating a Chinese meal from a floating junk and it floats off.”
5. Simon: “I would probably say the moment when they beam Gorignak onboard in Galaxy Quest and he F’s up all those other soldiers – then he floats into space and just goes ‘ahhhh’!”