With George Clooney currently developing a new all-female reboot of the Ocean’s 11 franchise, we’re taking a look back at 2004’s original sequel.
Ocean’s 12 saw Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle and Julia Roberts reteam following their 2001 heist in Las Vegas.
Here are ten fun facts about Ocean’s 12…
1. Bruce Willis, who plays himself in the movie, was originally meant to play George Clooney’s character Danny Ocean in Ocean’s 11.
2. Clint Eastwood nearly played the father of Matt Damon’s character, Linus Caldwell, in a cameo appearance.
3. Peter Fonda eventually took the part of Linus’s father, but the scene ended up being cut anyway.
4. Brad Pitt put out a prank memo to the movie’s crew before filming began announcing that they should only refer to George Clooney with his character’s name, calling him either Danny Ocean or Mr. Ocean.
5. Filming took place in Atlantic City, New Jersey, St. Petersburg, Florida, Chicago, Amsterdam, Paris, Monte Carlo, Lake Como, Rome, Sicily and – of course – Las Vegas. Get the Vegas casino experience yourself from the comfort of your own home with Sky Vegas.
6. Europol is actually located in The Hague, not in Amsterdam.
7. Ricky Gervais turned down a part in the movie, saying: “Why say a couple of lines opposite Brad Pitt when I could be playing a lead back home?”
8. Matt Damon asked for the script be changed so that his character had a smaller part in the story as he was exhausted after finishing filming The Bourne Supremacy. Damon’s request was denied by director Steven Soderbergh.
9. The script was adjusted for Julia Roberts, however, when she discovered that she was pregnant with twins.
10. During filming of the scene where the other actors try to guess his age, George Clooney was in fact 42 years old.
What’s your favourite moment in Ocean’s 12? Let us know below…
[This is a sponsored post.]